Getting set up
- Click here to open the password recovery page.
- Enter your ID card number as the Customer ID and click the blue link underneath.
- You’ll get an email to your email address with a link.
- Click the link in the email and set yourself a password.
- Download the Wightlink app in the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Login with your staff ID number and the password you just set up.
If you like using the app don’t forget to rate it 5 stars in your app store – if you have feedback on what we can improve please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Making a booking
To make a booking, make sure you’re logged into the app or website with your Wightlink ID card number.
Click New Booking
You may have to accept the cookie warning the first time you visit
Choose the type of travel.
- Staff leisure without guests – for when everyone in your group holds a WL ID card (staff, dependants, spouse, retired)
- Staff leisure with guests – for when one or more people in your group do not have WL ID cards.
- Business travel by vehicle – for when you’re travelling in a vehicle to a meeting or other work requirement.
- Business/commuting on foot – for travelling to and from work, or for meetings or other work requirements without a vehicle. This is when you would normally just show your ID card to travel.
Enter your journey details:
- Choose one way or return
- Vehicle type and number of travellers in the vehicle (including you)
- Or foot passenger quantities
- Outward date and approximate time
- Return date and approximate time.
- Choose outward sailing
- Choose return sailing,
Journey & Ashore Extras
- Skip to next page if you’re offered extra items or attractions and events.
Add your details:
- Email address and mobile number (if they’re not on your account already).
- Add your vehicle registration number if you’re taking a vehicle so the ANPR can speed up your check-in.
- Please don’t change the leadname or address.
Tick to agree to the terms and conditions.
If you are booking business travel on foot or for your commute to work where you would normally just show your ID card, you will be prompted to pay for you journey – you will be able to select your Staff ID card as the method of payment. When you travel you will just show your ID Card as normal.
Your booking is made!
Tap the menu and then Home page. You’ll see your next journey on the app homepage. To see more bookings, choose My Bookings from the menu.
Here is a quick video walkthrough of a booking. Sign in with your Wightlink email password to wacth it.
Troubleshooting and FAQ
I don’t know my ID number
It’s the 4-digit number on your ID card.
I don’t know the password.
Try using the password recovery to set a new one.
- Go to the Password Recovery page
- Enter your ID card number as the ‘customer ID an tap where it says, ‘Forgot your details or can’t get in?’
- Check your email we’ll send you an email with a link
- Click the link in the email and enter your new password twice
- Go back to the login page and try with the new password
I didn’t get the password recovery email
The email will normally be sent to your Wightlink email address, but if you previously registered a private email address to your staff account check that mailbox. You can also check your junk/spam/clutter folder.
We might not have an email address on your record in the booking system. Contact us using this form and we will set it up for you.
I already use the app with another login
You can still do that if you like but you won’t be able to book straff travel through it. To switch; log out and then log in with your staff account.
My Wightlink email is on another account
We recommend you use an email address on only one Wightlink staff/customer account to save issues logging in.
I don’t see the options to choose the type of travel
Check you’re logged in using your staff ID number – go to the menu and tap My Account. It doesn’t have your 4-digit ID number at the top log out and log in using your ID number.
If it still doesn’t appear when you tap New Booking, try going back to the homepage, and then tap New Booking again.
How do I get a ticket while the ticket office is closed?
You can show your QR code in the app at check-in. Have your ID card to hand as you may be asked for it.
Make sure you add your registration number to the booking so the ANPR system can find your booking as you drive up.
Can I set my own account up?
Every staff member has an account in the booking system already so please don’t make duplicate accounts yourself.
If your account does not have an email and password you can set this up yourself if you have access to CarRes but please check that your email address is not already used on another account – email addresses should only be on one account.
Can I use my own email address or mobile number?
I no longer need to travel; can I cancel my booking?
Yes, go to My Bookings, select the booking you want to cancel and tap the ‘Cancel’ button. Note both outward and return journeys will be cancelled.
Can I book for someone else?
No, you must be in the group to book staff travel through your account. You may be asked to show your ID card at check-in.
Can I change my booking?
Yes, go to My Bookings, select the booking you want to cancel and tap the ‘Amend’ button. You can change:
- The dates, routes and times.
- Vehicle type and passenger numbers.
- Vehicle registration and contact details.
You won’t be able to change the type of booking, e.g. from no guests to a booking with guests. You can cancel the booking and make a new booking or contact the contact centre to make the amendment for you.
Can I subscribe to get Travel Updates in the app?
Yes, just tap Notification Preferences in the menu and you can then choose what route(s) you’d like to subscribe to receive updates for. You can unsubscribe at any time on the same page.
Can I book on the website?
Everything you can do in the app you can also do on our website. However, you’ll need to log in as a ‘Business customer’ as staff bookings are not supported by the booking widget on the homepage. Click login on the homeoage and choose Business Customers. You can then choose ‘New booking’.
Can I book for a supplier/contractor on the app/web?
If you need a booking for a supplier, contractor or other third party to go do a job for Wightlink it will need to be put on the correct account so can’t be booked online. Contact the Contact Centre with the details.
Still need help?
Contact us using this form and we will get back to you.